History

F.T. Hutchins, a pioneer, made frequent visits to Costa Rica in a missionary schooner named The Herald. He began work in Port Limon, Costa Rica, in 1902, along with H. Louie Mignott, C.N. Moulton, and two colporteurs named Horton and Brooks.

The first official report, found in the Review and Herald (Vol. 80, No. 15, Dec. 3, 1903), mentions a baptism of 10 people and the organization of a church with approximately 26 members in Pacuarito, Port Limon, Costa Rica.

In 1968, a Central English Speaking Church was built and dedicated to the honour and glory of God in the city of Port Limon.